About My Massage Place
After a few years working for the Hands On Clinic and Sportsmed, Yvette decided in 2017 that it was time to pull up her big-girl britches and try her hand at opening her own clinic – where she could treat her clients using all the skills she has, and continues to gain, through post-grad education - without the need for referring to other modalities in the same business just because that’s the way it was done in that environment.
Yvette has experience with referrals from sports doctors, physios, chiropractors, podiatrists, personal trainers, and strength & conditioning coaches; and treating everyone from your everyday average Joe who does little to no exercise, to weekend warriors, national and international-level amateur/semi-pro/professional athletes, and Paralympic/Olympic athletes.
Since 2015 she has worked many sporting events such as the Coast 2 Coast, Tour of NZ, IronMan, Ocean Swim Series, Touch Nationals, 5Passes, Premiership Netball, NRL and Super Rugby. Since 2016 she has been contracting to an Australian company (Julia Russell Massage) to provide sports massage services to elite professional Australian, NZ and South African sports teams while travelling and competing in NZ.
Since opening My Massage Place in 2017, she has partnered with a few trusted companies in the fitness/health and wellbeing sectors, and started specialising in the treatment of combat sports athletes. After using and loving their products since 2014, 2019 brought about the big step of becoming NZ’s first (and currently, only) supplier of the Arm Bar Soap Company products. An American based company with roots in the BJJ community, that is on a mission to become the leading all-natural, anti-bacterial/anti-fungal soap maker for combat athletes.
If you can’t find Yvette at the clinic, she can usually be found training at F45 Riccarton or Axis BJJ, at the supermarket buying all the treats, or at home – eating, sleeping, working on her cars, and spending most Sundays on the couch watching UFC.
Our services include;
- Sports/Therapeutic/Deep Tissue Massage
- Neuromuscular Therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Kinesio Taping
- Dry Needling
- Pain Management
- Combat Sports Discount
- For home-visits (this is only offered on a special case-by-case basis and is not a regular service), event or corporate work, please contact My Massage Place to discuss.
30 mins $55
60 mins $90
90 mins $115
60 min appointments can be booked easily using the online booking tool.
Please contact My Massage Place if you would like to book a 30 or 90 minute session.
If you are unsure how long your session should be, please contact My Massage Place to discuss.
What to expect at your appointment:
- If it is your first time visiting My Massage Place, you will be required to fill in and sign a Client Intake Form. This is an important document to give us information on your medical history, and will be kept on file.
- You will have a discussion with the treatment provider about the issues you are seeking treatment for,
and the types of treatment that may help.
- Palpation and special testing – dependant on what issues your treatment will be for, the therapist may need to palpate muscle tension/bony landmarks, and some special tests (such as Range of Motion testing) may need to be done. These will be done while you are clothed, and with your permission.
- Discussion of what your treatment will entail and what you can expect during this, and agreeing on this treatment plan.
- The treatment provider will advise you on what clothing will need to be removed, and how you are expected to be on the treatment table, then leave the room for you to undress and get onto the table.
(This is dependent on treatment type, and the area of the body being worked on. Underwear will always remain on, and you will be draped comfortably with towels or sheets at all times, only uncovering the
area being treated)
- The agreed treatment will be completed, with any changes needed during the treatment discussed and agreed upon with you.
- The treatment provider will leave the room again for you to redress, and return to complete any retesting when you are clothed.
- Future treatment plans and homecare will then be discussed and agreed upon with you.
- Payment will then be taken at the end of your appointment, and any future bookings made. Payment is available by cash, eftpos and credit card.
What to expect after your treatment:
- It is normal to experience some residual tenderness
- It is normal to have a possible short-term increase in your discomfort, especially after dry needling
- You will need to ensure you stay hydrated after your treatment
- Rest – you know your own body better than anyone, but it is normal to be tired and experience some muscle fatigue. Deep tissue work may need up to 48 hours to recover from fully. Please discuss activity
levels with your treatment provider
- You may be given homecare activities/exercises/stretches for optimal results
- If you have any questions or concerns about anything you may experience after your treatment, please contact us
5/44 Clarence St South,
027 487 8719
Mon - 11:45 - 7:00pm
Tues - 08:00am - 5:00pm
Thurs - 10:00am - 7:00pm
Fri - 2:00pm - 7:15pm
Weekends/Public Hols CLOSED